It's sad when healthy girls with lack of self-esteem and abundant self-consciousness became ill because of crazy extreme dieting. It happened to all of us. I myself included.
Total calorie restriction. It's the bane of my existence. Not only did it not work, this effort made me malnourished up to the point where I bled from the gum of my teeth and had scabs around my mouth. It's totally scary. Not to mention the lack of energy I needed for my daily activity. Sure, this type of diet could lose us a few pounds in a really short time (say, nearly 10 pounds in a month). But, not for long. We'd get stuck on this whatchamacallit phase, ...plateau. And then we'd cut back more and more calorie until we hit zero calorie. And there's also a medical condition that often occurred with total calorie restriction, namely Ketoacidosis. Not a fun condition, seeing that we would experience tiredness, weakness, nausea and vomiting on daily basis. Unless we could pay a professional nutritionist to watch over us, this diet is a no-go. So I stopped doing it and my weight yo-yoed back to life.
Another one is called the Tiger Diet. This diet would annoy vegans from around the world. The main course consists mostly of, ... you guessed it, meat. Low on carbohydrate, high on protein. I should think it's low on fat too, but couldn't be sure. Pretty fast on the dress size shrinkage. I could go on this diet for a long, long time. I like my steak. But unfortunately, it's also not very healthy. High protein diet could hurt the kidneys, therefore also a no-go.
The last diet I still intend on doing is the chips-and-fries-and-sweets-and-soda cutback with balanced 1800 calories daily diet. Weight loss and dress size shrinkage rate: pretty low. Weight gain: Nada, ... a good thing. It means no yo-yo syndrome and I don't get sick. Staying healthy is nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment