Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Confession of a Flabby Girl

As a natural born flabby girl, I have always wondered how it was to be fab. Or to have the cheerleader figure, all trim and slim, not an ounce of fat underneath the skin. After a long battle with self-consciousness, large size dresses and a little fear from a family history of Diabetes, I decided it's time to get myself up and going. 

This is my journey to gain a slim figure with toned muscles. Oh, and a healthy life style so I can reduce the risk of developing Diabetes.

Let's see.... I'm 158 cm tall and weigh 58 kg. Actually according to WHO's BMI (Body Mass Index) measurement, I'm still in the healthy weight range. But according to the Asian measurement, I'm overweight. Go figure.

Now I'm planning to change my diet gradually so it won't shock me entirely. I took a little peek at a nutrition guide book and decided that a diet of 1800 kcal/day would be enough because I lived a sedentary life. And I would need to add some exercise there. Maybe one hour swimming, once a week. Just to get the hang of it.

And so my journey begins ....

No comments:

Post a Comment