Like any other person, I have a little problem with acne. A simple case of make up brand switch can trigger the explosion of pimples. Seriously, my face is like a mine field waiting to be nudged. I usually treat the problem with acne gel or cream, mostly salicylic acid. But a layer of Benzoyl peroxide is needed for severe acne. BP can dry up acne like salt on a slug.
Facial by beautician sometimes helps to remove blackheads and whiteheads. Growing comedones can only result in more acne. I usually use soft scrub for daily facial wash and sugar scrub weekly. The scrubs help reducing comedones and, hopefully, acne.
I'm considering chemical peeling, but I'm not sure whether to choose home peeling or office peeling. Peeling by an expert should yield a better result, but would be expensive. Home peeling is preferable for the less privileged. There are many home peeling product containing low concentration AHA or BHA, which is mild enough to be used by common people like me. One product in particular that I really want to try is from Hada Labo Tamagohada. Girls are raving about it in some forum.
Another acne problem that I can't solve with acne gel or cream is the monthly acne. Usually appears in a form of large red bumps which are painful to touch. A friend told me that it's a hormonal problem and could only be treated with cortisone injection into the bumps. I'm still waiting for other options, preferably less painful.
The most recommended treatment for acne (scars included) is laser, dermatologist approved. Said to be very, very effective. Said to have really short recovery time. Said to not only treat acne and scars, but also repair skin condition, which means it can be used for anti aging therapy. Awesome stuff, laser be. But I'm not prepared to pay hundreds of dollars per session just to get rid of acne. Maybe after I become a successful business owner. Until then, I'll just do what I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment